What do you think about the Roomba (was it worth it)?
I have two of them.
1. Neither of them are working 100%. One does not charge batteries and the other doesn't rotate the brushes.
2. I use one to charge the batteries and then put the charged battery into the other unit.
3. It picks up dust and other debris very nicely. I'm impressed with how much it picks up. This is a big plus.
4. It moves around in a random order unless it is using the dirt detection (then it goes into a spot cleaning mode for a second) or edge finding mode. This causes the battery to die before it completely cleans the house. I have to go through several cleaning cycles before I'm satisfied with the results.
5. If you have anything lying on the floor, you need to pick it up first. Objects like power cords and USB wires get caught in the brushes and eventually the machine stops. I have a fan with a base that is on a slight angle. It gets stuck on that all the time. It also gets wedged under by coffee table and a chair and cannot get unstuck.read more collapse
Yes!! At least, for me. Mine has a scheduler, so I have it run M/W/F. It takes care of my first floor (hardwood), and keeps the vast majority of the pet fur picked up. In fact, I can sweep, then run it, and it still finds things to pick up.
NOTE: I have all hardwood, aside for a 8x7 area rug. It does fine on both, but can't speak about full carpet. Hardwood.. awesome for me.read more collapse
@kmeltzer: I can confirm this one... I can sweep, vacuum then let roomba go and somehow it still manages to find a full bin everytime! I let mine run all 7 days with the scheduler and it never ceases to amaze me. I have tile and rugs throughout the house it it does great on both and always manages to find its way back to the charger a majority of the time (gets confused in the blinds sometimes. For those areas that it tends to get caught in, they give you two lighthouses which send a signal which acts like a wall to keep roomba away from it... works great unless roomba sabatoges itself by knocking it over while cleaning...read more collapse
- Nov 29, 2011 5:52 PM
- Asked By
- 8 times
- Recently Viewed
- 1407 times
- Voted Against
- 0 times
- Voted For
- 25 times