What's the safest way to heat our house if the power goes out?
- Freezing Rain forecast for tomorrow, may lose power
- Bought a new house, this is our first winter here
- No fireplace (there is a chimney but it appears the fireplace was renovated out some time ago)
- Young children in the house
- Cats in the house
- South Carolina (so won't need to use this very often)
I need a safe way to heat at least part of the house if we lose power. What do you suggest? Kerosene heater? Generator and run a cord in to an electric heater? We have a gas furnace that provides our heat now but I don't know how that works can I somehow power that system efficiently?
What's a good safe and not too expensive option?