questionswhat's the most disgusting thing you've ever…

vote-for23vote-against
vote-for15vote-against

The bad news is that I found a June bug in a doughnut. The good news is that I no longer have any cravings for doughnuts.

vote-for6vote-against

Well, I have led an uneventful restaurant life myself, with the worst thing I have pulled out of my food being hair. But my brother had the bad (or was it good?) fortune to pull a bloodied fingernail from a box of KFC Popcorn Chicken... that garnered him a $1600 settlement allowing him to eat at any other restaurant he wanted...

*Note: My brother is a good guy, not a scam artist. I honestly don't even think he would have pressed the issue if his wife hadn't been hell bent on it. So don't any of you run out and try to make a not-so-quick $1600 by popping a fingernail in your food....

vote-for5vote-against

A used bandaid in a chocolate chip cookie. No, I didn't make a big deal of it, just didn't eat the cookie.

vote-for5vote-against

I had glass shards in heavily battered onion rings. I ate some thinking they were just particularly crunchy before noticing the source of the crunch. I was a teenager at the time and just wound up having the meal comped. In retrospect, I hope it didn't make a mess of my insides.

vote-for5vote-against

I bit into a McDonald's crispy chicken only to discover that the chicken was completely raw. The crunchy part was cooked but the chicken was still clucking.

vote-for8vote-against

Oh and one time my friend was having her bridal shower at a fancy French restaurant with a whole bunch of her friends. Well as we were finishing up the meal I lifted up my fries and discovered a whole pile of pubic hairs under my fries. I have never been so disgusted in my life. I was pretty young and didn't know what to do but I didn't want to ruin my friend's bridal shower so I didn't say anything.

vote-for3vote-against

@tippypaws: Wow, I wonder what about a bridal shower ticked someone off that badly? That's disgusting.

I've never had something all that bad happen to with my food (knock on wood). The occasional hair and stray piece of meat (I'm a veggie). But my brother has worked in restaurants for years and has thoroughly disgusted me with what he's told me he has seen people do with food that is about to be served.

vote-for4vote-against

My husband found the tip of a rubber glove in his sandwich, yes, he was chewing on it before realizing what it was. They offered to give him a new sandwich but he said he was no longer hungry.

vote-for4vote-against

Man, my gross stories pale in comparison to the rest of you folks.

Besides hair, which is pretty uneventful, the grossest thing I found was soapy raw spinach. After I took a few bites, I took apart the sandwich and saw actual soap bubbles and bits of soap (at least I hope they were soap bubbles and bits) still on the leaves. It was gross because I had the image of urinal cakes being used to wash the spinach for some reason.

I got food poisoning twice, but I don't think that counts.

@tippypaws: Very noble of you not to say something. I would have probably vomited immediately after seeing this and then pulled the wedding planner aside and told them.

vote-for5vote-against

Not really gross but I found small glass shards in my chickfila once (my brother complained and got a free coupon for something or other).

Most disgusting would have to be the whole bug I found in my box of tamarind candy. For those of you who don't know what that is, tamarind is a fruit and tamarind candy is basically pieces of tamarind coated with chili powder, sugar and salt. I think it was a bee (or something similar) coated with sugar/salt in the bottom of the box. Of course, I noticed this AFTER I had eaten most of it...

vote-for3vote-against

I found a bird feather in a crab rangoon once. I think I got a 10 or 15% discount on my meal for that.

vote-for4vote-against

I don't search my fast food meals for foreign objects, but I may start now.

vote-for4vote-against

My mom ordered pork chops at a restaurant we frequented almost every week. She bit down and something poked her. She pulled it out of her mouth and it was a broken end, about 1/2", of the pokey end of a large gauge hypodermic needle. The restaurant manager said it was probably from the animal processing facility. Because we frequented the restaurant and she was also an employee of a different division of the facility, there were people who vouched for her, including the restaurant manager, that said she would not have planted this kind of thing in her food for a free meal (security was scrutinizing if we were scamming). Then a week or so later, she bit down on a piece of glass from a dish of Cherries Jubilee. But in this incident, the piece in her mouth matched the gouge in glass dish. Needless to say we didn't eat there as often after all that.

vote-for3vote-against

A bunch of dead ants in my pasta.

vote-for3vote-against

My family and I got a pizza from a Dominos that had pubic hairs on it. Needless to say we complained, they said we were full of it! We didn't eat there again for years, several management and employee changes later, and I'm still hesitant to eat there!

vote-for3vote-against

Cockroach in my KungPao Chicken. I thought it was a pepper and almost ate it. Then I looked closer. Not cool.

vote-for3vote-against

My husband got some safety pins in a twinky. That was back in the late 60's. They were closed, so he didn't get poked.