Just the FAQs, ma'am. Who feels like a broken record?
I feel like I'm answering the same questions over and over again.
What questions are you sick of answering? Answer it one last time here, then we can refer folks to this alternative FAQs posting in the future!
Q: I want post things for my own company. Do any special guidelines apply?
1) Make absolutely certain that you are following all of the regular rules.
2) Your company needs to be real. If you're selling through eBay, it needs to be an official storefront, not just some dude selling a bunch of the same item.
3) We tend to favor established companies with good reputations and shun unfamiliar ones. Is your company listed on resellerratings.com? How is your reputation?
5) Turn on notifications for your account, and be prepared to answer questions about your products, policies, and customer service issues when your username is invoked.
6) Post things that are actually on sale, not your whole catalog.read more collapse
7) Start slow. Limit yourself to a posting or two per day, and spread your posts out over the course of the day. Otherwise, your deals will collapse into a "folder" and you are likely to incur the ire of this site's users.
8) Don't use shill accounts to vote for your deal. People will notice, and your name will be mud. And if you have a regular woot account under your real name, don't post deals from your company under that account in an attempt to escape the foldering system.
9) Be upfront about shipping costs. An incredible price paired with jacked-up shipping costs will only piss off prospective customers.
10) For Woot's sake, buy a shirt or something so that you can vote.
11) Participate in the site. Post deals from companies other than your own; ask and answer questions (and not just to plug your company or products); vote for deals and comments.
12) Consider sponsoring a deal. Help keep the lights on, ya dig?read more collapse
Q: What is deals.woot?
A: Hi, and welcome to Deals.woot.com!
It's important to grok what this place is about. It is a site where users post deals that they find interesting-- regardless of who is selling the items-- and where others can comment (and vote) on those postings. Unlike woot.com, deals.woot doesn't sell anything on its own.
Poke around, vote for stuff you like, contribute to the community, snag a great bargain. You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave.read more collapse
- Aug 7, 2011 3:57 PM
- Asked By
- 22 times
- Recently Viewed
- 2579 times
- Voted Against
- 0 times
- Voted For
- 35 times
Jensen JTA-460 3-Speed Stereo Turntable with AM/FM Stereo Radio for $79.99 + free shipping @ newegg.com
Star Lord Jacket | Guardians Of The Galaxy Jacket On Sale Just for $129.00 + free shipping @ desireleather.com