Can someone help me choose a new desktop computer?
I'm in the market for a new computer! (Yay!)
The problem is: I don't know the first thing about computers, so trying to pick one out (or worse ... Build one online) is proving exasperating.
I was hoping some of you more tech savvy folk could help me.
And if you can't recommend a machine, at least give me some tips on what to avoid.
Here's what I'm wanting from my new system:
- (nothing that has been refurbished)
- windows Operating system (this is not negotiable)
- quiet (my current computer hums so loud I swear I can make out lyrics)
- able to handle light gaming (mainly the Sims) easily and smoothly
- plenty of storage for RAW image files, Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.
- Built in CF card reader (this would just be a bonus, not a necessity)
- and all of this for under $800
Any input would be so greatly appreciated!!