questionsanyone upgrade to mountain lion (os x 10.8)?

vote-for15vote-against
vote-for6vote-against

I might, there looked like a few nice features they added that would be worth $20.

vote-for3vote-against

You've already sold your soul to Apple, why not chip in another $20?

But seriously.. Check out the changelog and see if you'd rather put your hard earned cash towards the upgrade, or if you'd rather spend your twenty smacks on some awesome magnetic choke hazards. (aka BuckyBalls)

vote-for3vote-against

I haven't heard anything bad from my mac loving friends who upgrade at the drop of a hat, so there is that to consider. I wish I had first hand knowledge to help advise, but as you'll likely need to upgrade eventually anyway, may as well.

vote-for2vote-against

@inkycatz: One friend said he (temporarily) bricked his MacBook. I haven't heard back if he completely fixed it, or knows why. I'm hoping he's the exception that makes the rule.

@robertleemartin512: I didn't really see much I care too too much about. But, it's only $20!

@miyoshinum5: Yeah, one or two things. But, wondering if it's worth doing now, or waiting until 10.8.1.

vote-for2vote-against

Looking at this question reminds me that I never upgraded my laptop from Leopard... mostly out of laziness, partly because I use my desktop primarily now.

vote-for3vote-against

Oooh, it's been released?!? I'm really excited! I have been waiting for Mountain Lion, rather impatiently, since the announcement that it would include some level of voice recognition/dictation. Right now, that's a feature that I really need; I had been on the cusp of purchasing Dragon for Mac when the announcement of Mountain Lion's features changed my plan. Dragon for Mac received generally negative reviews, especially as compared to Dragon for PC, and cost quite a bit more than $20.

However, the post that @kmeltzer's friend bricked his/her Mac when upgrading reminds me that I need to back up before I download it - and first I need to go have an MRI - so I won't have an update on how the upgrading went or how I like Mountain Lion until tomorrow. If you don't hear from me for another 24 hours, you can assume it went really poorly. :)

vote-for1vote-against

Will this work with Windows? ;)

vote-for1vote-against

I'm going to try and hold off until the first update is released. We'll see how that goes.

vote-for1vote-against

So far, my impression is, "Wait, why did I lose the download when I climbed into bed? Oh, that's right. Why did I think it was a good idea to move the router into the living room again? Oh, that's right. Listen puppies, you may not both sit on the keyboard. No, neither of you is allowed to use the trackpad as a pillow."

So probably not applicable to anyone else. :)

vote-for1vote-against

Yeah, think I may just wait for 10.8.1. Unless I feel frisky one day.

vote-for1vote-against

I'll get it just for the Airplay mirroring. But it appears the mirroring won't work with my home theater so I'll need an Apple TV. Now it's a $120 upgrade.

vote-for1vote-against

Make sure you check the Tech Specs: http://www.apple.com/osx/specs/

Even though my MacBook falls into their specifications, no AirPlay mirroring for me...