• Constructed of durable bamboo; reversible cutting boards
• Knife friendly, will not dull knife blades
• Bamboo is 16% harder than Maple Wood
• Wash with warm water and mild soap
• Season bamboo board when dry or as needed with a food grade mineral oil (sold separately - Bayes Mineral Oil)
Bamboo is actually a grass that grows to a harvest height between 3-5 years. Some species grow up to 2 feet per day. After harvesting, bamboo does not require replanting. Bamboo has an extensive root system that continually sends up new shoots, naturally replenishing itself, making it one of the most renewable resources known. Bamboo is 16% harder than Maple Wood, 1/3 lighter in weight than oak, yet in some instances as strong as steel. Bamboo holds the promise of a sustainable, cost effective, and ecologically responsible alternative to the widespread clear cutting of our old growth forests.