dealsgold star clearance up to 80% off (+ 20% with…

93
vote-for-16vote-against

Okay, I was never great at math, but I am pretty sure that 80% + 20% = 100%...anyone get a different answer?

vote-for18vote-against

I believe you are getting 20% off the remaining total, not the original price. It works out to around 4% of the original amount.

vote-for7vote-against

This would be a great deal if they had a selection of sizes left. Everything I looked at was only available in Small or Medium. Boo.

vote-for-15vote-against

Someone tell gotfrogs to relax, sarcasm is healthy in moderation.

vote-for-2vote-against

@gotfrogs: Actually, 20% of the remaining amount after the 80% discount would be 16% of the original price (not including the kohl's cash).

(.81).2=16 percent

vote-for5vote-against

@bpeterson82: You did specifically ask if anyone got a different answer.

vote-for6vote-against

100% - 80%(100%) = 100% - 0.80 = 1.00 - 0.8 = 0.2 (amount left after initial discount)
0.2 - 20%(0.2) = 0.2 - 0.2(0.2) = 0.2 - 0.04 = 0.16 (amount left after additional discount)
1 - 0.16 = 0.84, or 84% total discount

Extra 20% off of item discounted by 80% works out to 4% of original price and results in a total discount of 84%

vote-for3vote-against

Thanks for the post, Dockers for $11!

vote-for1vote-against

@bpeterson82: like erinaine posted, you did ask. :)